Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sunny Day!

Yesterday was one of those perfect cycling days here in Tennessee! Bill wore his bike shorts for the first time in a long time and headed for the open road. I grabbed my tripod and little Elph 350 HS camera and took off after him to get more shots of him on his ride and to improve my technique. This time, I chose a picturesque background, pulled the truck way off the road, set up the tripod, my zoom and also set my camera on high speed burst to shoot multiple pictures just by holding down the shutter button. Just as he comes into view in my shot, I press the button and shoot.

This way, I have multiple shots to choose from that I can edit and publish. Another change I made this time was to shoot the image with more area surrounding Bill so I would have more options when it came to cropping.
After he zipped by, everything went back in the truck and I chased him down to get a good ways ahead of him and do it all again.
The weather was so nice that while I was waiting for Bill, a whole group of cyclists came by and I managed to get a shot of them too!
The next thing I worked on was the way I take videos of him. The first video we made was just shot hand-held and I wondered if it would be smoother on my tripod. The first attempt at this was a major fail! LOL! He was missing from most of the shot! After flipping the truck around and racing ahead of him again, I did the hand-held method and was able to catch him a lot better. I am definitely not a professional and do  much of what I do by trial and error. And of course, had to have the flat of the day! LOL!
Looks like we'll be looking into those tire liners we heard about. But I enjoy photography and I love my subject ;). So now I guess I will go put that video in our editing program and have something new to share with you next time.

Donate at Generosity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment