Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Jest fer Pretty...

Thought you might enjoy seeing some of the homey touches I've added to our little beach house on wheels. I had a few feet of border left over after running it through the whole place so wondered what I could do with it. Hmm, those kitchen cabinet doors look mighty plain....
so I took out my little craft scissors and started cutting up the border. It may be a little over the top, but it's a beach cottage! LOL!  I hung up the pretty soap dish that our friend Deb gave us...it was just too pretty to put a bar of soap in! Heavy duty Velcro to the rescue!
The little bluebird is something I found thrift shopping with my mom one day, he looks like he's hanging there, but really has a command strip on the back of him.
Since we really needed a rug for the living room space, I started looking online for something that would fit. Well, 75 to $100 was just not going to cut it! On to the Walmart online store where I found this one for $20!
It doesn't have thick pile, but there is a definite advantage to that...I don't have to roll it up to bring in the slide, it just rolls right over it. As you can see, it fits just right....a measuring tape can be a girl's best friend at times. Staged the living room a little, how do you like it?
The little dog was given to me by my stepdad a few years before he passed and looks like the Boston Terrier we had years ago. He's coming along for the ride too. A well-loved family picture put up with heavy duty Command strips...will let you know if this stays up.
Another fun beach sticker for the bathroom door..
these are great and adhere to just about any surface for wall decorations that you can't bump into. When I was grocery shopping last week in Walmart, I found this sticker for the bedroom.
Kind of romantical! :) It had a couple of extra swirly things that I didn't use....until today. There is glass in the upper cabinet doors over the bed and, well, they looked kinda plain....and the swirly things did kinda sorta look like waves....so I put those up too!
The last thing I want to change are the window treatments at the bedroom window. But that is for another day! Please pray for me as I have been sick and this cough is dragging me down, but I will persevere!

2 comments:

  1. It looks SO cute!!! Your cottage is absolutely cottage-y. We're praying - keep going!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I sound like an old croaky toad right now but am feeling a little better. This little camper has been really fun to decorate. See you sometime this summer!

      Delete