Sunday, March 6, 2016

My Routine

I have a guest blogger today! None other than my Dear Hubby, Bill. He wants to talk about his weekly routine. There's not a lot of excitement while you're training, but he has continued on and is improving his times and his own health. So here is his routine....


"I would like to describe to you my daily routine, what I go through each day while working and training for this trip “Twice Across America”.

I start each day (Monday-Friday) getting out of bed by no later than 5:30am. I take time to do my reading, shower, shave and out the door by no later than 6:30am. It takes approximately 30 minutes to make it to the office and I am sitting at my desk, routinely, no later than 7am.

My day lasts for a minimum of 10 hours, so I am leaving the office around 10-15 minutes after 5pm and arrive at home in the vicinity of 5:30-5:45pm each day.

Deb and I exchange pleasantries and then I'm off to change and out to the shed for my cycle training. On average I am in the shed before 6pm with wheels spinning, (actually only one wheel, the back is the only one spinning) for the next hour. Back into the house, shower and time to sit down. It is now normally some time between 7-7:15, I get to relax for a little while, check up on Facebook, do a little research and off to bed. The time is somewhere between 9 or 10pm, and the day starts again at no later than 5:30am.

Since I work 10 hour days, I have a very good boss who allows me to leave work on Fridays, work load permitting, after 12 noon. My work load normally allows me to leave the office between 12-2pm. If that happens, and the weather is good then I can get out for a ride on the road instead of in the shop. It's always better to get out on the road for training since it's actual road conditioning and not just stationary training; your body responds to actual conditions differently than just indoor training. If I can get out on Friday, I try to get a least 13 miles which is now my minimum whenever I can get out. 

Saturday, I am not the type of guy who can sleep in so even on weekends I get up early. I will spend more time doing my devotional reading, study, and review last week's reading. After, I will do some research for the trip, catch up on Facebook, notes etc. Around 10am I will get ready for a ride, so Saturday's are my long ride day. The longest ride on a Saturday so far has been over 40 miles, with my goal to get 50 miles on a Saturday in two weeks from now. Sunday is pretty much the same as Saturday but my wife and I go to church and are home about noon so I go out before lunch and try to get 13-30 miles all based upon weather, time etc.

Now with the nicer weather coming, (this week it is to reach 70 degrees and the days getting longer) I will attempt to ride outside after work and get home before dark. I should be able to get in 13 miles each night Monday-Thursday. Will see how it goes."

We are now roughly two months away from our departure date so our training goal is to work for miles instead of just weight loss and conditioning. Please continue to pray for us as we answer the call that has been placed upon our lives.






No comments:

Post a Comment