Monday, March 21, 2016

No longer a port hole.....

It's been a busy few days, but here I am catching you up on the bedroom window project. Last time, I left you hanging talking about drilling holes! Actually, didn't go too crazy, just wanted to move the curtain rod up some to make the window seem larger.
 After I did that, I received the vinyl I wanted to put on the glass. It will give us more privacy and light and of course had to have dolphins on it! LOL!

I ended up having to seam this and wrestled with it for a couple of hours, but I was victorious! I put up the nautical lace curtains but I could see we needed something a little more....
so I snitched two pictures out of my bathroom in the house and hung those up too!
Just in time too as we spent the next day loading up the camper to take a trip to preview Bill's southern route for the trip this summer. We left Saturday afternoon around 2 and started for Knoxville. It was 4:00 by the time we got to Knoxville and we had skipped lunch so we stopped at a Cracker Barrel for some much needed fuel for the body! We met Anthony there who was the Senior Vice Commander of the VFW in Coeburn, VA. Nice chatting with you Anthony and thank-you for your service! We continued to follow our planned route for the summer and made notes about road conditions; the roads sure have changed in 27 years! On the back roads on the way to Maryville, we saw this large hand lettered sign, "Prayer will get you to heaven, Trespassing will get you there quicker!" LOL! Nope, we didn't trespass! ;) After passing through Greenback, Vonore, Madisonville and Etowah, it was starting to get dark and we were pretty tired from loading the camper. Would we ever find a place to park? Just in time, we found Hiwassee Court RV Park.
They weren't officially open, but let us stay the night. We opened up the camper and crashed into bed. We were up, bright eyed and bushy tailed the next morning heading toward Chilhowee, TN






No comments:

Post a Comment