Thursday, March 17, 2016

Window on the World....and a gift!

Bill came home with a surprise yesterday! Our friend Patty gave us some beautiful Longaberger baskets to help with our organization!
Hope she doesn't mind that I am thinking of using the big one for clean underwear, whoops! Did I say that out loud? LOL! I'm sure that these will prove to be most useful and I'm looking forward to adding them to the little beach cottage on wheels. Thank-you Patty! Also have a name suggestion for our little cottage....how about, "Toes in the Water"? We talked about using the other part of the song, but didn't think that would be appropriate when we pull into a church parking lot.....;) So, on to the bedroom window! After considerable fluffing, here is what the original curtains look like.
Cute, but doesn't really look like we're at the beach does it. I took them down and here is the naked window.
It's a little low, my belly button has a really good view...LOL! I had an idea to use one of the rods that were in the closet.
These were in our last house and are too small for anything here. I had the rod, but do you think I could find the brackets anywhere?! No. Hmmm, what can we do instead....The curtains I plan to use have openings instead of a rod pocket so the rod will show. I looked through my cans of spray paint and found this one.
So I just spray painted the rod that the original curtains were on. A coat of clear on the top and it was done.
I hung up the nautical lace curtains but it isn't doing anything for me.
I think I might have another solution. Meanwhile, some very necessary items showed up in the mail too....a sewer hose and a drinking water hose.
Never knew I could get this excited over a couple of hoses....LOL! Bill flushed out the water tank and we tested out all the faucets and drains. Found a couple of small leaks that were quickly fixed. Our holding tanks are a little on the small side, so we will just take advantage of campground showers and bathrooms when we can. I think I will go out to the camper now and drill a few holes, for what you say.....see you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment