Sunday, March 13, 2016

More Like Home...

I am still on the mend, but we managed to get a few things done on the camper this weekend. Whenever I am looking at Pinterest for ideas on organizing the inside, I see that many people name their campers. We're calling it our beach cottage, but even those have names. We lived on Cape Cod years ago and really loved living within 5 miles of the beach. Evening swims and walks along the beach are times I will always cherish. So if you have any ideas what we should name our little beach cottage, leave us a comment on the bottom. The smart tiles we used in the kitchen came out so well that we decided to put some in the bathroom too. After we used the tiles right down to the scraps, I was looking at the scraps and thinking, "What can I do with these...". So I decided to cut out sections and stick them on top of the tile as if they were set in. I pulled off just a small section of the backing and tried them in different designs.
Once they were on though, there is no getting them off! Bill put up soap dispensers in the bathroom and kitchen for me so there will be less clutter on the counters. They look good, will be handy, aaand, I got them on sale! LOL! So here is the before and after in the bathroom that I promised you.

This will be a pleasant place to start the morning. Another thing I was thinking about was how to store utensils for cooking. There are no drawers in the camper, so I thought a crock would be cool. I checked on Pinterest for some ideas and sure enough, there were hundreds of them! One idea used a tin. I have some tins I found at a thrift store years ago out in Wyoming and I pulled them down off the top of the cabinets to have a look at them. After brushing the dust off, (cough, hack) I think this one will work just fine!

It will hold all the utensils I really need and will fit along the back of the stove.
I put up a pretty wreath in the bedroom that came from Bill's mom
and also found some cute beach wall stickers that I put up here and there.
Now with Daylight Savings, Bill can be out on the road for his rides instead of in the shed. He's lost close to 35 pounds and I have lost 18. We both have a ways to go, but will be healthier for it. I will keep you updated on various improvements we do and when we get closer to our leaving date, will share the organizing and packing up. Thanks for reading and please keep us in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment