Monday, April 4, 2016

Cleanings and Organization....

Saw this robin early this morning, spring is truly here and the time is getting closer to our departure date of May 7.
One of the things that needed doing was a teeth cleaning. Due to health issues, it had been quite a while since I shadowed a dentist's' door. But today they had a cancellation at Carroll Creek Dental so I went in for a long overdue cleaning. It's a wonder they didn't need a jackhammer it had been so long! LOL! But the ladies there are gentle and friendly and my visit went very well. Thank-you ladies! Shared with them about the upcoming trip and left our card. Got snagged by the laundry this afternoon, but in between doing that I thought I would share the progress on some of the organization going on in the little beach house on wheels. I addressed the problem of not a single drawer first. After some careful measuring, I found plastic drawers that would fit under the closets on each side of the bed.
Now I know what some of you are thinking, "I just don't get along very well with a tape measure!" I did my share of measuring like 21 inches and 3 little lines...well, my Dear Hubby got me a measuring tape that finally solves that problem.
It even has a built in light and level. So now I can at least sound like I know how to measure! LOL! The next thing was a set of drawers for the bathroom.
I had a dishpan there, but digging through everything to find what you were looking for was not working for me during our week long trip. These should hold quite a bit and be a bit more convenient. There will be a bungee cord across the front to hold the drawers in place as we travel. The other issue was over the sofa. I only had a few baskets, so they slid all over the place. So picked up a couple more and some non-slip shelf liner.
Will let you know how this works this summer. Also found a cool shampoo holder for the shower so we don't have bottles flying all over in there as we go down the highway.
I realized too that as I was typing, I haven't shown you our letterhead. I think it came out great and here is the informational letter we've been giving to people.
Please continue to pray for us as we prepare for this journey and feel free to leave a comment.


Please consider donating at Generosity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment