Saturday, April 23, 2016

Hallelujah!

The rice worked! The bicycle computer is now in full working order! I know some of you were praying about that and your prayers were answered! Everything did go back to zero again, but at least we don't have to buy another one. Bill went out for a 31 mile ride early this morning and it worked perfectly. The rest of the day was spent working on the pictures from the first trip, writing more letters and doing a few things around the little beach house on wheels. One problem we encountered on our week long shakedown trip was that if you didn't find a camping spot until after dark, it was hard to find the keyhole in the door to unlock it. In a good old Harriet Carter catalog, I found an outside motion light that I hoped would work.
When it came in the mail, I wasn't sure if it would do the trick; but when I turned it on, it was blindingly bright! So Bill put that up today too. We're going to go outside after dark to see how it looks. Bill had built some supports for the jacks before the shakedown trip but hadn't had a chance to paint them, so that was done today too.
The biggest thing I wanted to accomplish was the lettering on the back of the camper. Together we measured to make sure it was all straight and it was taped up and I started rubbing on the letters.
The first row of letters look good so far.
Well, as Bill said, we've gone from involved to committed now! (I'm the support crew
:)....)

Please continue to pray for us, only two weeks to go!

Your donation would be greatly appreciated at Generosity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment