Thursday, April 28, 2016

Organization and An Old Photo

It's now just a little over a week until we leave on the bicycle trip across America. We're doing this to stand up for our law enforcement, firefighters, and military. Looking back at the first time across, we know it is not going to be a vacation but we are willing to brave prairie heat and waiting by the side of the road to show our appreciation for the men and women who protect us, rescue us, and defend us. Bill continues to ride each day he can and I continue to find small ways to organize things in the little beach house on wheels and make it more home-like. There was a mysterious opening next to the radio that you couldn't really put anything in, so I measured it carefully and found a couple of plastic baskets in the office supply section of Walmart that fit perfectly.
Now there's a place for DVD's and they won't fly around the camper every time I hit a bump. There was a similar space in the bathroom so now there is a basket in there too....perfect spot for our Young Living Essential Oils.
On our shakedown trip, we got a little tired of things shooting out of the medicine cabinet every time we opened the door, so that got a couple of tiny spring rods....who needs to be hit in the head with your deodorant every morning?!
I was out there this morning with the vacuum cleaning up sawdust from putting shelves in the linen closet and put towels and sheets away too.
Bill and I enjoy reading, but there didn't seem to be anywhere to put books and magazines. There was a space next to the vanity and with the help of a plastic magazine holder, we now have a "library". LOL!
So each day something else gets put away and I hope I remember where I put everything when I need it! And also, a blast from the past...this is Bill and Ben 27 years ago celebrating Ben's birthday just a day or two before we left on the first trip.
Time sure does go by. Please pray for us as the time grows short and thank-you for following my blog. 

1 comment:

  1. Hope your trip goes well. I can't imagine being away from home for that long. Pray that God blesses you both.

    ReplyDelete