Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Frontenac, Minnesota to Winona Minnesota

Spent a restful night in the state park, then up at 6 to start the day.
Bill left at 7:15 hoping to get miles in early today. I packed up, washed up a few dishes and met the couple next to us. He was a police officer! So I thanked him and we all talked for a bit. Then I eased my way out of the camping spot. I turned right instead of left so got an unguided tour of the campground but made it to the gate at last and headed on my way. The gasoline in the truck was down to 1/4 tank so I stopped in a Kwik Stop in Kellogg, Minnesota to fill up. Just as it started to rain, I caught up to Bill. He was staying just ahead of the storm and was only slightly damp. I was supposed to find a pull off up ahead to park but there just haven't been any so I'm as far over in the breakdown lane as I can get and I'm not sure how serious the rain is supposed to get. Bill pedaled up and wanted to put some more miles down so off we both went. A few miles down the road, I found a park with a nice big parking lot so pulled in and got some lunch ready. Bill told me about a few places he was able to get pictures...a pretty garden tended by 2 very nice ladies,
pictures of one of the locks along the Mississippi River
(I never knew there were locks there) and a picture of Sugar Loaf Bluff.


And a nice shot of the boats at Pepin Lake
which is actually part of the Mississippi. After lunch it was back on the road again toward Winona, Minnesota where the Playmor Campground is located. I arrived and set up and Bill pedaled in ready to soak up some AC! Playmor is a very nice campground that has been family run for 40 years. A peaceful place for these 2 weary people. Thanks for reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment