Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Oglesby, Illinois to Carlock, Illinois

The campground was nice and quiet last night so we rested well. Bill left at 7:30 this morning and was going to try going all back roads to avoid traffic. I cleaned up around the camper, did hair and make-up and waited for Bill to call to let me know where he was. He called shortly thereafter to let me know he was in Gridley. On the way there, I drove by this magnificent old Italianate house in El Paso, Illinois that had been abandoned for years. I wanted to get a picture, but there was no place to pull over; so I looked it up on the internet and found this picture of it.
Wouldn't it be fun to bring this back to the beauty this once was? It was quite close to the road and was huge. Just as I would have caught up to Bill, he called and said he was going to keep pedaling and gave me directions to where he was. I caught up to him and refilled his water and we were both headed to Hudson and then on to Towanda. I found a parking lot near the Towanda School and got some lunch ready. He pedaled up and wanted to get a few more miles in before calling it a day. He told me about the wind turbines he had seen

and also a really cool piece of farm equipment.
He made a video of the wind turbine and it's posted on our Facebook page. He pedaled ahead to put on a few more miles and when I caught up to him, he had over 74 miles on. So we loaded up and headed to Kamp Komfort in Carlock, Illinois to download pictures, update Facebook, write the blog, and kept an eye on the dark clouds gathering outside. With the first thunderclap, we wrapped up everything and got ready for some rest. Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment