Saturday, July 23, 2016

Hillsboro, Indiana to Cloverdale, Indiana

A very peculiar day indeed. Bill left about 6:45 this morning and I started my morning routine. The day seemed normal enough....until Bill called around 8 to tell me he had a flat. He fixed it and not too long after, another flat. I was headed to Covington to pick up some groceries and after everything was loaded into the little beach house on wheels, He called and said he had a third flat.
We arranged to meet in Fillmore, Indiana in about a half hour or so. I have my Garmin set up to avoid unpaved roads and not to avoid highways...well Miss Garmin had other plans for me today. I went down more gravel, washboard, dirt, and half washed out roads than I have the whole trip so far. I ended up in a Sugar Camp where a young man helped me turn around and go back. The roads continued to be really bad, solid patches and 1 1/2 cars wide. Just when I thought I was never going to escape, I made a right turn and there was Bill pedaling ahead of me.Wow! Were we glad to see each other! His phone had been directing him down the same types of roads and we were both pounded to death. He even went through Waynetown,
thought my brother Wayne would appreciate that..:) He saw this silo there that reminded him of a rook chess piece.
There was a campground 10 miles away so we took what seemed to be 100 lefts and rights and reached here at last. I opened the door to carnage inside the camper. The stovetop was on the floor, and when I gingerly opened the frig, all the shelves had fallen off and I had to pull one thing out at a time while holding the door partly shut. The dry groceries that I had waited until later to put away were scattered everywhere. Bill was disheartened to see the mess so I told him to go take a shower and I put everything to rights while he was gone. After we cooled off for a bit, carried all the laundry over to the laundry room and started it up. Bill laid down for a nap and I think I will too! Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you all had a rough day yesterday. Keep positive everyone has you in their prayers things will get better. We love you both.

    Brandon

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you all had a rough day yesterday. Keep positive everyone has you in their prayers things will get better. We love you both.

    Brandon

    ReplyDelete