Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Minnesota to Wisconsin and back to Minnesota!

Back to cycling again. After yesterday, today seems real quiet. We sure made lots of friends in Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Thank-you all so much for your kindness to us; we will continue to pray for all of you. Before we left the campground, the tanks needed to be emptied…the sink was gurgling it was so full! Once that was done, we drove to a nearby WalMart where Bill got everything together to start riding once again. He left about 9:15 and I climbed aboard the truck and proceeded to pull the little beach house on wheels toward Prescott High School in Prescott, Wisconsin.




So far, the plan is to follow Route 35 south along the Mississippi River. So right now, I’m sitting in the parking lot of Prescott Senior High School. Why do high schoolers look so young?! Looks like training for the track team. I wonder what the reaction will be when Bill cycles up…When he arrived, all the kids were gone. So we refilled water and checked the map for the next stop. Hager City was next, so he took off and I found my way to Route 35. Turns out Hager City is somewhere off the main road so I went a few more miles past and stopped at a historical marker. I met another cyclist heading to Maine.
He was having a peanut butter break and needed a little water. I got some from the fridge and we swapped stories and he was on his way. He writes a blog too if you would like to go take a look. The address is SlowOldnStupid.wordpress.com. Tell him Twice Across America sent you! I started some hamburgers and it wasn’t long before Bill pedaled up. As we searched for campgrounds on his phone, we discovered that there didn’t seem to be any campgrounds in this part of Wisconsin. So we were going to have to go back over the Mississippi River and into southern Minnesota to find a place. We set our Garmin for Frontenac State Park Campground and both took off. I found it and paid at the gate. He showed me a map of the campground and I managed to get the only pull through spot. No backing up! Woo! Hoo! It was a mile to the actual camping spot….all uphill! So Bill had a workout to finish up his day. Thank-you for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment