Saturday, August 13, 2016

Chiefland, Florida to Ormond Beach, Florida

Since it's really hot here in Florida by early afternoon, Bill left early again this morning at about 7:00.
It's starting to get light then, so this has worked out well. I washed up dishes and took my shower and got ready to go. No chance of getting lost today, it's Route 27 all the way. When he had about 30 miles in, he called me to make sure the route was the same as we had planned the night before. Then I was on my way. This section of Florida has quite a few small towns and places to get water and food if he needs to so I don't have to be concerned with him running out like the other day. As I was nearing Ocala, Bill called and said he had had 2 flats so far and would I come pick him up at the police station there. No, I didn't need bail money, LOL!.
When I arrived I met several of the police officers there; Bill had been talking with them and taken a picture. This is, officers left to right, Shawn, Mat, Jaime, and Captain Sirolli.
While I was there, I met Sgt. Cynthia Barnes. We chatted for a bit and I got another picture with her in it this time.
Where's my secretary when I need her? I just realized there's a whole set of different people in this picture and I don't have names! Not quite, there's Jaime in this one too right next to Cynthia. That does not lessen the fact that we are really grateful for what you all do and know that there are many people out there that are praying for you. Thank-You! They gave us a couple of patches to pass on
and from there we went to the local Chinese Buffet for a quick lunch and Bill got a pretty interesting fortune in his cookie, "Right now there's an energy pushing you to stay on your path",
pretty cool! While we ate, he told me about his ride. As he was on his way to Ocala, he came to the town of Willistown. Bill saw a state trooper at an intersection and pointed at him. He drove up onto the sidewalk and Bill told him about our journey and gave him a New Testament. Trooper Scott Martin was impressed with what we were doing and like so many police officers, thanked Bill for riding all these miles. They swapped patches
and he took his picture
and was on his way. Thank-you Trooper Martin for the job you do! It wasn't too long after that he got his first flat. He had a spare tube, so took everything apart and swapped out the tubes. When he reached Ocala, he called the police department to let them know he was on his way. 2 miles from the station, he had a second flat.

Fortunately, he was real close to a service station
where the owner, Andy, helped him finish up the repair. He was amazed that the tire pressure on a bicycle tire is 100 psi. I think he was waiting for the tire to explode. Andy really warmed up to our cause and was amazed at how far Bill has come. Thank-you Andy for your kindness and help.
Then it was on to the police station where I met him. Ormond Beach was the next stop
and it was sure nice to sit in our little beach house on wheels with the AC on. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment