Saturday, August 6, 2016

Newport, TN to Vonore, TN

This morning started as any other morning with the prayer, farewell and me getting ready to go. I was inspired, so wrote in my journal for awhile then hopped in for a quick shower. While I’m soaping up, I hear the phone ring…4 times in a row. Its Bill’s ring, something must be up. I finished up, threw on a towel and called him right away. He had 30 miles in and his shift cable snapped; so he was on the side of the road. I packed up quickly, tied a bandana around my head, said, “No make-up today!”, and was off. While I was driving, he called again. He was at “Floyd’s Market” and it had a helicopter on the roof!
I should be able to spot that! LOL! It took a little longer to get there than I thought it would. I even had to squeak through a very crowded small town. But I arrived at last and we drove to the nearest bicycle shop about 15 miles away. Cycology Bicycles was the name of the place
and we went in and talked to a very nice young man named Brady. He directed us to the repair area where Ernie gave us the bad news. It was indeed a broken cable

and once he checked out the bike,
the rear sprocket and the chain were pretty worn out too. So instead of waiting for the whole thing to fail in the middle of a busy intersection somewhere ahead, we opted to have these things replaced. It was a bit pricey, but God has been in control of our funds for quite a while now and we have people who have come alongside of us in this way. The bike mechanic said it might take a day or two, so we walked around the shop digesting that news.
We took a couple of pictures outside

and went to have some lunch at a local sub shop. The price was reasonable and the subs were delicious! While we were eating, Ernie called and said the bike was finished! So we left the sandwich shop and drove back to pick it up. We added some dog repellent to the list and paid the bill. A few more miles down the road, we got a frantic call that we had left the dog repellant at the store. We turned around, which is no small feat when you’re pulling a camper, and stopped back at the shop and picked it up. By then, it was getting later in the afternoon and the temperature was close to 100 degrees. We drove to Vonore TN where we found the Toqua Campground. It looks like a nice quiet place and there’s even a lake nearby. So we did one of our favorite things…we took a nap! LOL! We had a light supper, well I had a light supper, Bill was scarfing everything in sight! LOL! Then we settled in for the night. Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment