Thursday, August 25, 2016

New Bern, NC to Williamston, NC

We spent a restful evening at the KOA last night, even got a few minutes in the pool. It felt so good to just drift in the water for a bit. This morning, Bill left about 6:45
and I got a nice shot of the sunrise.
When we are getting him ready to go in the morning, I reload his bag with patches and coins to trade with police and fire along the way. So this is what my table looks like in the aftermath. LOL!
Before I left I wrote in a few more of the New Testaments that we give away.
I left a couple of hours later and set the Garmin for our next campground, Green Acres Family Campground. I talked to Bill on the phone a couple of times and he was traveling on back roads  to the same destination. He was able to refill his water and pick up his mid-morning snack along the way so he was doing good. When I arrived at Green Acres, spoke with a very nice lady named Janice. She was very kind to us and checked us in. Just as we were finished chatting, Bill cycled up. I introduced him and Janice was very appreciative of what we were doing. When we were parked in our spot, Bill had a surprise for me. He found a pretty nice Pony clamp along the highway and picked it up.
With a little cleaning, it will make a nice addition to my shop back home. For supper, I cut up the leftover pork loin we had a couple of days ago and mixed it with some Noodle Roni Parmesan. Not exactly Julia Child, but it was delicious. As I looked out across the campground, I noticed the fire rings at each camping spot.
Recognize some of them? They are old rims! Hmm, I thought that would be a great idea for a fire pit back home. Our spot was near a pond, so we went to sleep to the sound of bullfrogs rumbling away. Thank-you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment