Friday, June 17, 2016

Roundup, Montana to Hardin, Montana

Spent part of the night wrestling with my pillow, so woke up with an eye ache that now has a cold in it. Lots of eye drops today! We were both up and out at 8:15 this morning. No makeup! Yikes! Thank goodness for sunglasses. I walked over to the Sheriff’s Office and met Bill over there with Chief Thomas and a lieutenant. I got a good picture of everyone
and he gave us 2 patches
and we gave him a Chelan County patch and a coin from Johnson City, TN. The lieutenant received a key fob from Johnson City and we left one for the lady transporter that we met last night. Thank-you so much for all that you do for us! Then Bill pedaled away and I walked back to the truck and worked my way out of town. We had agreed to go about 20 miles so since its 48 miles to Billings, I cut it in half and went 24. I found a nice wide pull off so think I will go change the sheets and slap on some makeup. We try to do laundry on Fridays so hope to get that done later today. With towels and sheets, I run 4 loads then squeak it into 3 dryers and it runs me $15. Anyone using a Laundromat, the cost would probably make a monthly payment on a washer. Sure appreciate mine back home in Tennessee. Off to work in the camper! I should take a video of me making the bed in here, it would probably qualify as one of those intense exercise videos! LOL! Got it all done just in time for Bill to roll up. No tail wind today so the ride is more labor intensive. By the time we get to the police department, he’ll have 50 miles in today so I think we’ll call it a day and get this guy some rest. 101.2 miles yesterday so I think its time to recover for a bit. Refilled his water and he said to go another 20. I wanted to stop earlier than that, but there is no place to pull over. I finally found a big dirt spot just off the highway and have the awning out to keep out the sun.  I just saw a deer duck under the barbwire fence and run for the road. I thought she might run out in front of something but she waited until it was clear and bounded across. So beautiful. Billings at last! Bill stopped at the Billings Police and met Deputy Chief Joel Slade.
He gave us a patch
and we shook his hand and said Thank-You! The next stop was the Fire Station Headquarters in Billings. We met some of the firefighters there

and they shared stories and patches with us.
We gave them a patch and New Testaments and one of the guys gave Bill a ball cap. You’ll never guess what my present was….a firefighters calendar…Oh yes!
These were men and women from the Billings Firefighters Local 521 that weight trained for a year before the photo shoot. It was done to raise money for The Richard Du Val Fund for people in need who had been through fires or were victims of crimes. Thank-You all so much for what you do! I will take some shots of the inside to share on Facebook with all you ladies out there! LOL! So we left behind friends there and hopped in the truck to find a campground. We would have boondocked somewhere but were low on water. The 2 campgrounds in Billings were close to $80 a night! Yikes! So we drove to Hardin and found one, Grandview Camp & RV Park. When we drove up, there was a sheriff parked across the street. Bill went over to say Thank-you and the young officer ended up driving into the campground and pulling up behind the camper. Bill introduced me and we traded patches with him.
He requested that we not take his picture and we honored his request.  Thank-you for what you do! It's actually kind of fun to have a police car pull up to our camper; all of a sudden, everyone in the campground has to walk their dog past us. LOL! We managed to get our laundry done and have some spaghetti for supper and think we will collapse into bed early tonight. Thank-you for reading and for your prayers.



Be part of the Thank-You Tour by donating at Generosity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment