Wednesday, June 8, 2016

June 7th Wenatchee to Wilbur, Washington

Up and out at 7:45 this morning! The park we stayed in had a sewer port that you couldn’t fasten down to so my help was required to hold the hose in place with my foot. A very interesting scent to start the day off with! LOL!
Then it was back to our routine of washing up, packing up, and making sure everything is secure. On our way! The local sheriff recommended that we drive through all the road construction and the uphill side of the pass because the lane for bicycles was practically non-existent. Bill sure enjoyed the bike ride down though! We passed through Waterville where there is a pretty church that I took a photo of 27 years ago.
Got another shot of it today.
Through Douglas and then forward on the high plateau. So here I am on the rolling hills of eastern Washington.
The mountains are behind us and Bill should have another 40 miles done by noon today. I’m parked on the side of the road with the awning partially out to keep the sun out of the windows. It’s 88 degrees on the highway, but since I keep all the blinds closed in the camper while I drive along, it’s not too bad in here yet. Except for the occasional car or truck driving past, all you can hear is the breeze blowing through the grass and wildflowers along the side of the road.
I spend this time finishing up morning chores, keeping this journal up-to-date, and praying for strength and endurance for Bill. He’s doing well so far today; he has a slight tailwind which really helps out here. I’m not sure, but it looks like the town of Wilbur is up ahead. Maybe we’ll break for lunch and see how many more miles Bill can put down this afternoon. Turns out it was Coulee City. I found a nice pull off on the left and waited for my Bill. It wasn’t long before he cycled up and we made some lunch. We waited a little while before starting off again.
I passed a sign that said 19 miles to Wilbur and then drove a few more miles. There was a small pull off so I squeezed the little beach house on wheels in there to wait. Whew! It’s up to 92 degrees now and sure glad I have this awning! I’m looking out over acres and acres of grain fields, an occasional butterfly, and a dust devil or two where a farmer has plowed his field.
About 15 more miles and we’ll be in Wilbur to stop for the night. It’s been hot today but is supposed to gradually cool near the end of the week. The miles have rolled away and I pulled into the Wilbur Campground, RV Park & Pizza! :) I had never pulled into an RV spot with the camper before, but the owner assured me I could do it. And I did! So when Bill rode up about 45 minutes later, I was all set up and had the air on. Good thing too, it was 98 degrees by that time. Since we were both fried, we ordered a pizza and the owner delivered it right to the camper! His wife makes them from scratch. So we had hookups, wi-fi, and friendly folks running this campground, all for $29! After supper, we were both so exhausted from the day that we went to bed at 7:30. Bill did 70 miles today, another amazing accomplishment. Spokane tomorrow!


Keep the Thank-You Tour going by donating at Generosity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment