Thursday, June 9, 2016

Spokane, WA to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

Left the campground at 7:30 this morning. Bill got me over to the truck stop, we both set our navigation devices for Cabella’s in Idaho, and were on our way. We did it a little different this time, I drove on interstate 90 while he took the bike path. I was a little hesitant about doing it this way as I won’t be able to get to him if he needed help. But it all worked out. Turns out the bike path was paved and about 12 feet wide and pretty much followed the interstate for most of the way. I reached Cabella’s an hour and a half before him so while I was in the parking lot, I was able to put clean sheets on the bed, finish my makeup, and put the entries from the night before up on Facebook and the blog. When he arrived, he asked if I would get an extra battery for his smart phone as it was in serious need of a charge. We used the outlet in the cab and set it to charge while we looked at the next section of road on the map. The next set was into Coeur d’Alene. (Coeur d'Alene Indians represented)
We figured out the route and he headed off and I headed for Walmart to buy a new tube and a battery for the phone. Walmart had a dizzying array of tubes so I left without one. Also found out that you can’t get an extra phone battery in Walmart because people change their phones so often it doesn’t pay to stock them. One of the ladies there had the idea of using a portable charger that he could take with him on the bicycle. I9.88 and it will recharge his phone up to 5 times.
He sure doesn’t need a dead phone when he needs help. Once I entered Coeur d’Alene, I was amazed at how it had changed.
It has really grown since we were here 27 years ago.
Lots of traffic and I had a difficult time trying to find a place to park. Found a spot at last and waited for Bill. When he arrived, I found out I had parked right across the street from a bike shop. Well, with a name like “Vertical Earth” I hadn’t guessed that. A police officer had pulled someone over across the street also, so we also had a chance to thank him when he was finished. We drove the 4.5 miles to the station and went in to say Thank-You. This eagle was on top of the building.
We met Sergeant Turrell and exchanged patches with him.
He received one from Casper, Wyoming. He had one of his men bring one of their motorcycles out front and we had a great photo opportunity.
We thanked them all again and were on our way once more. We are in the Kahnderosa Campground tonight and are enjoying the breeze while we work at our table.  Thank-you for reading.
 

Be part of the Thank-You Tour at Generosity.com

1 comment:

  1. Still thinking and praying for you both. Glad all is going well. Miss you over at your miniatures blog and @ GL- S

    ReplyDelete