Monday, June 27, 2016

Valentine, Nebraska to Bassett, Nebraska

We spent yesterday doing laundry, cleaning the little beach house on wheels, and getting Bill’s bike all clean and ready for another week. Even got a nap in! LOL! And, also…..drum roll please…..Bill has completed his first 1000 miles! Only 3,500 to go! :) I think the nap was how we celebrated…:) This morning, he stopped by the Valentine police station and found out the sheriff's office is in the same building. So Bill thanked them and exchanged patches with Chief Deputy Vince Lopez


and received a patch and a coin from Chief Dana Miller.

They got a picture all together and he also gave them New Testaments.
Thank-You all for what you do! The fire department was all volunteer, so there was no one there. He was on his way out of town by 9:45 and I was on my way to the grocery store to pick up some supplies. I caught up to him at the 37 mile mark and we had some lunch in the town of Johnstown, population 42. It was just in time too, he was ready to chew my leg off. LOL! He took a 5 minute snooze, filled the water bottles, and was on his way again. While I was there, I got a cool shot of an old piece of farm equipment – Bill thinks it’s a horse drawn manure spreader.
Next stop is Bassett where I’m sitting next to the city park. It’s 84 degrees with a quartering headwind. It’s partly cloudy with a coolness to the breeze that I’m enjoying while I write. When Bill pulled up, the last 10 miles had taken their toll. Between headwinds and rough road, he was ready to call it a day. He did over 60 miles so it was time to stop for the night. 5:00 and I found out I’m right near a city campground right in the fairgrounds. Looks like it’s a freebie tonight! Water and electric hookup too! So the AC is on and we are both typing up the days events to share with you. Supper’s on the stove and we are thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment